About the Journal
I. Focus and Scope
The Revista Digital de Investigación en Docencia Universitaria (RIDU), edited and financed by the Office of Research and Institutional Effectiveness of the Quality Assurance Office of Universidad Peruana de Ciencias Aplicadas (UPC), seeks to foster an enriching academic space that promotes research and discussion on university teaching and higher education. As a result of this effort, RIDU proposes to form a virtual community around the journal that allows to bring together authors, editors, and readers.
The journal focuses on the following lines of research:
- Research on professors and university students
- Presentation and analysis of university pedagogical models
- Pedagogical innovations
- Use of Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) in higher education
- Evaluation and measurement of university educational quality
- Review and analysis of issues related to higher education
The journal receives for publication the following types of contributions, according to the subject matter of the journal:
- Research articles: these are unpublished articles that expose the results of the final work of a research and also constitute a contribution to scientific knowledge and understanding of the phenomenon under study (empirical research). They have a formal methodology and their results are rigorously analyzed (See Word template).
- Theoretical articles: these are articles that present the state of the art, critical reflections and/or theoretical/conceptual proposals related to the journal's thematic lines, and that allow the identification of relationships or inconsistencies in the researched topic, as well as proposals for further studies (See Word template).
- Review articles: correspond to those articles resulting from a research in which the findings of published or unpublished research on a field of science are analyzed, systematized and integrated, with the purpose of informing the advances and development trends. It is recommended to submit a bibliographic review, with a minimum of 50 references (See template).
RIDU is an electronic journal published twice a year (two issues: January-June and July-December). It receives original and unpublished articles in Spanish, English, and Portuguese.
II. Mission, vision, and values
Mission: The journal Revista Digital de Investigación en Docencia Universitaria (RIDU) is a biannual open access publication that seeks to foster an academic space to promote research and scientific debate on university teaching and higher education. Through this effort, RIDU aims to create a virtual community by connecting authors, editors, and readers from different parts of the world.
Vision: To consolidate itself as a scientific journal specialized in higher education and university teaching, recognized by the scientific community, that contributes to the growth and strengthening of research in the region and the world through its publications.
Values: The journal's editorial management is based on impartiality and responsible ethical conduct in research, promoting respect for differences, interdisciplinarity, and openness to knowledge.
II. Arbitration process
1) Arbitration Process
Contributions sent to RIDU undergo a two-stage evaluation process:
First review stage. The editorial team will evaluate the formal and thematic content of the proposal within a maximum period of 15 days from the receipt of each study with all the mandatory documentation. A notification of receipt will be received, indicating whether it is accepted or rejected before the formal review by the reviewers. If the manuscript is rejected, the Editorial Committee will formally or thematically reject the article without the option to return. On the contrary, if it presents minimal formal aspects to be improved, the paper will be returned to the author for corrections before the beginning of the peer review process, with a term of 10 to 15 days.
Second review stage. In the second stage, the content and methodological aspects of the article are reviewed, for which the evaluation process is carried out, with two peers external to the publishing institution, national or international, under the double-blind peer review modality (double-blind peer review: the referees do not know the identity of the authors and vice versa). The term of the scientific evaluation process of the papers at this stage is approximately 60 days at most. In case of disagreement in the peer reviewers' concepts, the article will be sent to a third evaluator to make the final decision regarding its evaluation. The final decision is not subject to appeal.
In the evaluation process, the reviewers' opinion will be: a) It is ready for publication, b) Some minor modifications should be made for publication, c) Major modifications should be made and it should be resubmitted for evaluation, and d) It is not recommended for publication.
2) Manuscript Correction
All authors will receive the scientific evaluation reports (anonymously) so that they can make the pertinent improvements or replications. Papers that are evaluated and require modifications (minor or major) should be returned within 15 days.
The authors of accepted articles, before the final edition, will receive by e-mail:
- the manuscript in Word format with style correction (writing and APA format) and, after approval;
- proofs for proofreading in PDF format. In both cases, a maximum period of 5 days is given for sending your approval or corrections. Only minor corrections can be made to the content of the original manuscript already evaluated;
- the translated version of the article will also be sent to you for review and approval.
3) Withdrawal of Articles
In the case of withdrawal of an article, which is in progress in the editorial process of RIDU, the author or authors must communicate formally, by sending a signed letter, and indicate the reason for such withdrawal and wait for the Editor's response.
4) Time between Reception and Publication
The time between the reception of the article and the first concept of the arbitration process is one calendar month; and the time between the reception of the article and the concept of acceptance for publication is two months.
5) Charging Policy to Authors
The journal Revista Digital de Investigación en Docencia Universitaria (RIDU) does NOT charge any fee to authors for processing their articles (Article Processing Charge, APC). Likewise, all accepted articles are translated into English/Spanish at no cost to the authors.
The journal Revista Digital de Investigación en Docencia Universitaria publishes two issues per year: January-June and July-December.
Since 2020, RIDU has adopted the continuous publication system, which is based on the need to reduce the time required to publish an article and publish the study shortly after it is accepted without completing the issue.
7) Creative Commons License
All articles are published under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 (CC BY 4.0) license, provided that the original source of publication, the name of the authors and the journal are acknowledged.
Articles until 2020 are published under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License (CC-BY-NC-SA). From 2021, articles are published under the Creative Commons CC-BY 4.0 License (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/deed.es).
The contributions published in RIDU are governed by the Rules for the publication of digital content of the Peruvian University of Applied Sciences (UPC). There it is established that the UPC respects the moral right of paternity of the author (copyright). It also defines that the economic rights are assigned to the UPC for the sole purpose of disseminating and sharing contributions among the journal's audience.
RIDU editorial process